“Hold on, that’s it. I think I just realized why you hate me so much [Teru]. It’s because you and I are the same. And not because we have both have psychic powers, but the fact that you have no confidence in yourself. Same way that I don’t. If you take away your abilities, they’ll be nothing left. You’ll be empty. You’re scared of that realization. No friends, no standing out. Just another loser who won’t in this world. That’s me. Deep down, you’re the same as I am. You just don’t want to admit that you’re nothing without your psychic powers. […] We’re the same. From my perspective, you’re just an average person.”
– Shigeo “Mob” Kageyama, Mob Psycho 100 (Ep. 05)
The Toonami Trending Rundown for December 1-2, 2018. We come down the stretch to the final month of the year, as Boruto tries to figure out if his special eye is the Byakugan, or something else entirely, while Teru uses his psychic powers to try and force Mob to use his powers against him, and Koichi meets one of favorite manga artists in Rohan.
On Twitter, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure would trend in the US alongside Rohan and Hunter x Hunter. On Tumblr, Toonami would trend alongside My Hero Academia and JoJo’s.
On November 29, Toonami announced one of their newest original productions, as they will be partnering up with Alcor Media and Crunchyroll to produce a 12 episode Blade Runner anime series titled “Black Lotus”, with Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama serving as the series directors and Shinichiro Watanabe as a creative producer. A release date is still to be announced. On Twitter, Blade Runner would trend in the US as a result.
This trending rundown was rolled out a little late due some personal issues on my end. Apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll have this week’s trending rundown posted hopefully by tomorrow, and until next time, and stay gold.
Legend: The shows listed are ordered based on their appearance on the schedule. Show trends are listed in bold. The number next to the listed trend represents the highest it trended on the list (not counting the promoted trend), judging only by the images placed in the rundown. For the Twitter tweet counts, the listed number of tweets are also sorely based on the highest number shown based on the images on the rundown.
United States Trends:
- #JoJosBizarreAdventure [#15]
- Rohan (From JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) [#8]
- #HunterXHunter [#15]
- Toonami [7,724 tweets]
- #Toonami [4,680 tweets]
- #Boruto [1,920 tweets]
- #MobPsycho100 [1,585 tweets]
- #JoJosBizarreAdventure [2,842 tweets]
- Rohan (From JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) [6,111 tweets]
- #HunterXHunter [1,461 tweets]
- #BlackClover [1,591 tweets]
Amr Rahmy Counts:
- #MyHeroAcademia [#4 with 2798 tweets]
- #DragonBallSuper [#4 with 3552 tweets]
- #MobPsycho100 [#11 with 1348 tweets]
- #JoJosBizarreAdventure [#12 with 1569 tweets]
- #My Hero Academia
- #JoJos Bizarre Adventure
Notes and Other Statistics:
- #Toonami: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @dragonballsuper and @AboutElizabethM started the trend in the US.
- #MobPsycho100: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @ekimerer started the trend in the US.
Special thanks to @AmrRahmy, @myanimewaifu and others I forgot to mention for spotting some of the trends on this list.
Only Toonami on [adult swim] on Cartoon Network.