“I understand now. People are not cut from the same cloth. And no matter how are they may seem, their differences is make this world beautiful. Our world is worth protecting, and I’d be honored to share that task with you [Ryuko Matoi].”
– Satsuki Kiryūin, Kill la Kill (Ep. 22)
The Toonami Trending Rundown for July 18-19, 2015. Another good night for social media buzz as every show on Twitter manages to trend in the US during their respective East Coast airings in addition to DBZ Kai during it’s encore run. In addition, Toonami also trended during Attack on Titan’s airing on the East Coast.
Edit 7/20 @ 4:44pm PDT: In addition, both #DragonBallZ and #DBZ also trended on Google Plus. Thanks to @JMB_70056 for the heads up.
Tune in next week as Kill la Kill showcases it’s penultimate episode, among other great moments. Until next week, stay golden, and always remember that if you’re looking for a sword that’s called Excalibur, make sure it’s not the one from Soul Eater…FOOLS!
Legend: The shows listed are ordered based on their appearance on the schedule. Show trends are listed in bold. The number next to the listed trend represents the highest it trended on the list (not counting the promoted trend), judging only by the images placed in the rundown. For the Twitter tweet counts, the listed number of tweets are also sorely based on the highest number shown based on the images on the rundown.
United States Trends:
- Toonami (During Attack on Titan (East Coast)) [#9]
- #DBZKai (Also during the encore showing) [#9]
- #KillLaKill [#7]
- #MichikoAndHatchin [#5]
- #SwordArtOnlineII [#7]
- #Shippuden [#7]
- #OnePiece [#8]
- #AttackOnTitan [#6]
- Goku (From DBZ Kai) [16.4k tweets]
- #MichikoAndHatchin [3,661 tweets]
- #OnePiece [9,872 tweets]
Google Plus Trends:
Notes and Other Statistics:
- #KillLaKill: @statweestics reported a 1300% increase in popularity on 9:43 pm PDT.
- #SwordArtOnlineII: @statweestics reported a 933% increase in popularity on 11:01 pm PDT.
- #OnePiece: @statweestics reported a 170% increase in popularity on 12:13 am PDT.
Special thanks to @JMB_70056, @trendinaliaUS and others I forgot to mention for spotting some of the trends on this list.
I know you got what It takes. I can see it in you. Only Toonami on [adult swim] on Cartoon Network.