“I’ve thought about it for a while, exactly how I can confirm if you are the sun to my moon. That’s why I’ve been watching you ever since I arrived in the Hidden Leaf. I wanted to be able to observe your reactions. Every time an incident occurred, you dove straight into it. You restored all the victims to normal. However, I wonder what you will do this time, [when] the culprit is the Class Rep.”
– Mitsuki, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (Ep. 13)
The Toonami Trending Rundown for January 12-13, 2019. It’s a night of big moments as Boruto finds out Sumire is responsible for the Ghost incidents, while Goku decides to revive Frieza to complete their Tournament of Power squad, Joe has his first bout in his route to the Megalonia championships, and Black Clover begins its 2nd season as Yuno and the Golden Dawn fend off an assault by the Diamond Kingdom, among other great moments.
It would be a pretty good night for trending as on Twitter, Toonami would trend in the US along with 6 shows (Dragon Ball Super, Megalo Box, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Black Clover, Hunter x Hunter, and Shippuden) including character trends for Josuke (as he meets Shigechi who uses his stand to rake up spare change) and Ten Ten (As she takes the girls on a night out to recollect their previous journeys.) On Tumblr, Toonami would trend alongside Naruto and #BNHA. The full list including statistics and tweet counts from the twitter app and Amr Rahmy’s analytics app can be seen below.
This upcoming Wednesday will be the highly anticipated US theatrical debut of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. As previously mentioned, I got to attend the Hollywood Premiere last month to cover the event for the Toonami Faithful and got to interview some of the cast including Ian Sinclair, Monica Rial, Chris Sabat, Sonny Strait and Sean Schemmel, and Vic Mignogna. If you’re interested, check out www.dragonballsuperofficial.com for show times near your area and give your support to the anime industry on the big screen.
Not much else to say other than we’ll see you again next week for another round of the better cartoon show. Later.
Legend: The shows listed are ordered based on their appearance on the schedule. Show trends are listed in bold. The number next to the listed trend represents the highest it trended on the list (not counting the promoted trend), judging only by the images placed in the rundown. For the Twitter tweet counts, the listed number of tweets are also sorely based on the highest number shown based on the images on the rundown.
United States Trends:
- #Toonami [#5]
- #DragonBallSuper [#20]
- #Boruto [Trended with #Toonami]
- #MegaloBox [#10]
- #JoJosBizarreAdventure [#10]
- Josuke (From JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) [#19]
- #BlackClover [#8]
- #HunterXHunter [#4]
- #Shippuden [#2]
- TenTen (From Shippuden) [#20]
- #Toonami [2,411 tweets]
- #DragonBallSuper [5,071 tweets]
- #Boruto [3,382 tweets]
- #MegaloBox [1,512 tweets]
- Josuke (From JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) [1,364 tweets]
- #BlackClover [1,502 tweets]
- TenTen (From Shippuden) [5,032 tweets]
Amr Rahmy Counts:
- #DragonBallSuper [#3 with 3,737 tweets]
- #Boruto [#18 with 1,878 tweets]
- #MyHeroAcademia [#5 with 3,816 tweets]
- #MobPsycho100 [#12 with 1,554 tweets]
- #MegaloBox [#14 with 1,276 tweets]
- #JoJosBizarreAdventure [#18 with 1,280 tweets]
- #BlackClover [#17 with 1,408 tweets]
Notes and Other Statistics:
- #DragonBallSuper: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @DawnMBennettVA and @ToeiAnimation started the trend in the US.
- #Boruto: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @myanimelist started the trend in the US.
- #MegaloBox: @WhoTrendedIT reported that @KaijiTang started the trend in the US.
Special thanks to @myanimewaifu, @sdurso5, @TheNextHokage, and others I forgot to mention for spotting some of the trends on this list.
Only Toonami on [adult swim] on Cartoon Network.